Pages

Tuesday 14 October 2014

3d Animation Project: Character

First tried making my character in 3d. Looked terrible. 

I tried adding the 2d painting of my character to a plane, and deleting the blank spaces around it, but the edges were jagged. I could've tried redoing it with more width and height segments, but that would've taken forever.

Luckily, in our digital skills lesson we learned how to add an alpha to our material, to make the extra segments invisible, leaving a clean edge, meaning I didn't have to delete all the excess faces.

I saved my character as a .png. I then used the Color Overlay to make a black silhouette of it, and saved that as a .png too.


Added the character to the Color of the material, and added the silhouette to the Alpha of the material. 

Then added the material to a plane. 
Pose - stood like a bullfighter - confrontational
   - indignant
   - braced for a challenge
   - angry
   - trying to make himself appear bigger like humans do to scare off lions
   - like Popeye - Commands presence
   - determined






No comments:

Post a Comment