Pages

Saturday 1 November 2014

3D Animation Project: Window

Making a mesh transparent for a window was really simple. It just required ticking transparency on the material. However, I wanted my window to be slightly clouded, just so it would be easier for the eye to pick up.

Thus I added a texture under 'Color'. I settled on water, but had considered using metal. Here are the settings I used: 

Top: Water 
Bottom: Metal
I chose water because I felt it fitted better with the colour scheme, but looking at these now, I think metal looks better.

And here is a comparison of no window and window: 

One problem I had with this scene was that when it was finalised and rendered, the beginning shot of the planet was jarringly quick. I tried moving all the keyframes along in the animation in order to create room on the timeline to extend the shot at the beginning, but that completely messed up the cape.

So I had to delete everything but the planet and camera. I then animated the planet so it rotated and ended in the position it was in at the beginning of the window scene. Then in After Effects I put this one key behind the window scene, so that it would rotate and smoothly transition into the window scene, effectively extending it by about 3 seconds.

I had also tried combining the first scene with the second scene, by merging them both in Cinema4d. So it would start here at the exterior of the building...

...then zoom in on the earth...

 ...and then zoom back out into the interior of the building, all in one smooth camera movement... 

However, I ran into the problem with the cape again. It seems that once it was keyframed, it couldn't be moved, or it just glitches all over the place.


No comments:

Post a Comment