Pages

Friday 31 October 2014

3D Animation Project: Openings and endings

Initially, I had the poster in Cinema4d. However, once rendered, the poster moved too quick to read. There was too many objects and keyframes to move them all along the timeline to give more space to slow down the poster, so I decided to remove it from Cinema4d and add it in After Effects.


I made these to fit with the old style and colour scheme. However, I decided not to change it in order to reinforce the difference between the advertised property and the reality.

For the scene at the top, I simply took a screenshot from Cinema4d and used a filter in Photoshop to make it look more like a painting. I chose the font because it looks kind of futuristic, but isn't obscure or too over the top.

To make the transparent green things, I used motion blur on the text. I then stretched the result vertically 

For unity I used the same black background, font and colour from the poster, for the end screen. This screen was made entirely by copy, pasting, resizing and rotating bits and pieces from the poster above.


Ultimately, In the actual animation I removed the black background, to have a smoother transition:






No comments:

Post a Comment