Pages

Wednesday 24 September 2014

3d animation project: Ident idea

Started planning an idea for an ident. Not sure about the particulars yet. Could have tonnes of candles and melting wax everywhere, or a single candle and seal. Depends on how well I manage with modelling and animating in Cinema4d. Anyhow, I liked how the candles I designed in Photoshop look, so thought I'd make a tutorial that I can refer back to. Could use them as part of a 2d backdrop in the ident.




I used a hard round brush at 100 opacity to paint in the base candle shape


I added an inner shadow, predominantly to the right side.


I duplicated the layer, set the layers blending mode to darken, and added a yellow inner shadow, predominantly on the left side.


Using a hard round brush at 100% opacity I painted in the melting wax.


I added an inner glow of light red, with the technique set to Softer and source set to Center.


I duplicated the layer, and changed the technique to Precise. I also set the layers blending mode to Pin Light.


Then, with the brush again, on a layer behind everything else, I painted the tip of the candle.


I added an inner glow to the edges.


Painted the wick with a hard brush at full opacity, and the flame with a soft brush at low opacity.


Added an inner shadow.




No comments:

Post a Comment