Pages

Sunday 13 September 2015

Summer Holidays

Thought I'd share some stuff I've worked on during the summer holidays. 


For the above and below characters, I was trying to make armour designs that would be at home in a sci fi or fantasy world. Although I think they came out both more heavily leaning towards sci fi.


This was a native American inspired piece of character design. My dad has been making a Native American shield for me, to go up on my wall, so my mind has been heavily inundated with Native imagery and designs recently. I've tried to disregard all of it though, and create as original a costume as possible. So, to any native American experts out there, this probably doesn't look native American in the slightest :P 


Tried out a variety of background designs, started designing another outfit, and designed a sort of demonic mask. I am currently working on another outfit, a cross between the above and a Napoleonic uniform, which should be finished in the next few days:


UPDATE: Here is the Napoleonic/native character, combined with my first character in a sci fi, dystopian city:


And here is a random witch I ended up painting. Don't know much about anatomy/drawing people, so wanted to practice drawing faces. I should probably start using references to that end. Recently been reading Slaine: the Horned God, and I think Ukko's facial expressions must have influenced me subconsciously :P


This is a WIP photo of the shield my dad is working on. Once it's finished, he's going to make one an anachronistic shield with one of my designs.


Here are some of the designs I've been working on. My favourites are the yellow and green shields on the top row. The design on the far right of the top row is supposed to be a stylized owl of sorts, not sure if that's obvious or not :P The design in the second column, third row down is supposed to be a stylized turtle/tortoise. Again, I'm not sure if it's obvious or not :P The rest of the designs are sort of random/abstract:


I've also created more and edited my rune designs since my game design project:













No comments:

Post a Comment