Pages

Tuesday 7 October 2014

3d Animation Project: Sketches

Here are some of the pencil sketches I did for my animation ideas:

The top sketches are obviously for my ladybird idea, the 2 sheets on the bottom left are buildings for my alien idea, and the 2 sketches on the right are ideas for the spaceship. The separate pieces of the ship on the right sort of contract and expand as it moves, kind of like a caterpillar.


These are some UFO's I drew for my stop motion project last year which I figured I could possibly use for this project:


And these are a bunch of random things I made/sketched while coming up with ideas for my animation. Mainly ideas for aliens. The green thing was a possible concept for my alien/moon house. 


Alien/Robot/Spaceship
Started with this simple sketch.
Took a photo and opened it in photoshop.

Finished colouring it with the paint bucket tool and blending modes. Also added shadows and highlights with a white and black, low opacity brush.

Here is a breakdown of the layers:

Started copy/pasting/duplicating parts of it and rearranging them. 

Used Polar Coordinates to create a variety of different heads.

I took it one step further and made this:

But, there's no way I could ever model something like this, so I reined back the concept.






No comments:

Post a Comment