Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

My Creative CV

This is a mock up of the gallery idea I mentioned in my research post. I think a pedestal with a bust or vase or something would fit nicely in the background on the right side.



I try to document my work with screenshots, but usually after the first 3 or 4 I get too into the work to remember to keep taking screenshots. I'll have to set an alarm to remind me to take a screenshot every few minutes or something :P

Anyhow, it means I'm going to have to try and piece together my development process with older saves. Hopefully it's not too sparse.

Started off with this rough plan, then built up the final image on top of it. I wanted some consistency with my blog, if not in style, at least in theme:


The first assets I made were the heraldry/software logo's for the Tournaments results sign. I just used a Photoshop custom shape for the base because I was in a rush. Intend on reworking it. Plus, since it was the first thing I made for it, and the style evolved over time, I don't think they fit with the final piece anymore.


This is how I made the planks. Started by layering different browns with the Spatter 14px brush, set to 13% opacity.


I used a similar process for the menu board. I also used the texture from my blogs background for the scroll on the menu board. I first tried making the board 3d by giving it darker sides. However, I felt this looked ugly and it didn't look clear enough. Thus I tried giving it lighter sides, and thought it looked oodles better.



I painted the objects(the tent, the fence, the weapon rack and archery targets) with a block colour. On some of them I added gradients to make them looks a bit 3d. I used the 'Sponge Brush Projection' brush for the mud, and the 'Dune Grass' bush for the grass and the hay behind the archery targets.

The Tournament results were supposed to be out of 5. Photoshop: 3/5, Illustrator: 2/5, etc, but because I used the first plank for the heraldry that only left four. Going to have to rework it when I have more time.


I have two variations of the banquet picture. One of them with the floor, and one without. The trouble with the floor is that it made the chairs and rug hard to see. Thus I had to add drop shadows to make them stand out a bit more, which I think is kind of ugly. Thus I would prefer not to have a floor, but then it doesn't fit stylistically with the bottom picture. I've tried making the floor lighter and less contrasted, but then it no longer looks like a stone floor. When I have more time I'll have to experiment with different floors. Plus, I feel no floor leaves too much white space.


Here is the most up to date, nearly finished version. Need to find a better font, rework a few things and add more information about me. Blacked out my contact details, because it's never a good idea to post them to the internet :P


I'm not a big fan of the final image. I think it looks a bit messy.

Edit: Just noticed I missed my history and RE GCSE results from my qualifications list. I got an A for both, will have to update image at some point


Edit: Just playing around with an idea to include more information on a flag. Not finalised.










No comments:

Post a Comment