Pages

Thursday 18 September 2014

About me

Figured it was about time to write an "about me". A tad bit late, I know. There's something daunting about writing an "about me" that has been putting me off. Alas it is required. Having no followers or comments makes it feel like I'm talking to myself, which feels really strange :P So writing an "about me" kind of feels like I'm just describing myself to myself. Like so:

Kai 1: I guess I could be described as an amateur digital artist
Kai 2: Cool, me too
Kai 1: I'm mainly inspired by history, fantasy and sci fi. But absolutely anything and everything can cause inspiration. The other day I randomly started thinking about a red dice, with black spots I used to have. That led to me comparing it to a ladybird. And now I've got an idea for a video featuring dice and ladybirds about gambling with nature.
Kai 2: Oh really, I had the very same dice, and the very same idea the other day
Kai 1: What a coincidence. You don't happen to love Robin Hobb and Patrick Rothfuss books?
Kai 2: Oh boy, do I.

Aaanyhow, I feel like I've gone off on a tangent. As stated above, I guess I could be described as an amateur digital artist. I aspire to work in the games industry or freelance. I'll mainly be using this blog to keep on top of college work, and to post some personal work too. Which means some of my posts will be for the benefit of my tutor. I'll try and remember to write a warning on such posts so as to not waste anybody's time.

So far, my attempt at writing this seems jumbled and clumsy. Thus, I figured I'd add my deviantart interests section, for it's infinitely more in-depth and digestible. Some of it is out of date now, will have to update at some point.

I find it useful having this list somewhere. When I'm bored it can help inspire youtube searches. For example, I've just realised I haven't listened to RHCP in months, so I'm ending this post to go do just that.

Favorite visual artistJan Pospisil, Ganbat Badamkhand, Jackie MorrisFavorite moviesThe Princess Bride, Labyrinth, In BrugesFavorite TV showsGame of Thrones, Kung Fu, Robin of Sherwood(1984), Supernatural, The Borgias, The Tudors, Cheers, Rome, Suits, The Devil's Whore, HeroesFavorite bands / musical artistsKate Bush, Tori Amos, Billy Joel, Mark Knopfler, the Bee Gees, Mike Oldfield, Blondie, The Pretenders, Beautiful South, Lissie, Steve Earle, RHCP, ZZ Ward, Neil Young, Delta Rae, Cat Stevens, ELOFavorite booksEverything by Robin Hobb and Patrick RothfussFavorite gamesMass Effect, Mount and Blade, The Last of Us, Resident Evil 4, XCOM:EW, SW: Battlefront, Dragon Age, Crusader Kings 2, Metro 2033, The Witcher series, WarframeFavorite gaming platformPC for singleplayer, PS2 for coop. Not a big fan of online gaming.Tools of the TradeSurface Pro 2, Photoshop, pen, pencil and paper

No comments:

Post a Comment