Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

Blog design, The Late Shows and the Witcher 3

 Been a while since my last update.

Got bored with my blogs design. Not happy with the colour scheme yet, gonna be fiddling with it for the next few days.

This is the old design:

And the new one:

On another note, the Late Shows installation was a success, with over 500 people through the doors(not sure if I mentioned it before, but my last animation was for the Late Shows at the Discovery Museum).

This is the almost final iteration. For the installation I removed the cockpit, as it was difficult to tell what was going on when projected on the ceiling. Too much was obscured.


Also, I recently entered an art competition for the Witcher 3. Here is my entry:

Inspired by the "A Night to Remember" song:

'For the Witcher, brave and bold
Paid in coin of gold
He’ll chop and slice you 
Cut and dice you 
Eat. You. Up. Whole.


It's an interesting idea, that from different perspectives, a hero can be seen as a brutal, ruthless villain. Sort of like how the darkseekers in I Am Legend view Neville as a murderer, to be feared and loathed. 

I wanted the nekkers to seem defenseless/helpless, while Geralt casually dispatches them, with a cold, merciless look on his face, glaring at the viewer as if daring them to question/judge him.

No comments:

Post a Comment